- Let Us Help You
- Manage Your Account
- Learn About Us
- Our Story +
- Charitable Giving +
- Corporate Inquiries +
- Careers +
- Press Room +
- Investor Relations
- Product Safety/Recalls +
- Our Story
There are more than 400 Build-A-Bear Workshop stores worldwide in which Guests create personalised furry friends through our uniquely hands-on experiential retail model. We have more than 300 company-owned stores in North America, the United Kingdom and Ireland and franchise operations in Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa, Mexico and the Middle East.
Build-A-Bear typically grants exclusive area development rights for territories that generally represent an entire country or group of countries. We offer a powerful brand with a proven and successful retail model to qualifying franchise partners. Franchisees receive comprehensive training and ongoing support from an experienced and multi-disciplined management team including operations, merchandising, marketing and technology.
Our Franchise Operations
Build-A-Bear offers exclusive area development rights for countries other than the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada and the United Kingdom, where our Build-A-Bear Workshop stores are company owned and operated.
What Our Franchise Programme Offers
Through our programme, franchisees are set up for success with a powerful brand behind a successful and proven retail concept. In addition, our programme offers:
- A proprietary operating system;
- Comprehensive training in all aspects of the Build-A-Bear Workshop business;
- Access to the buying power of more than 400 Build-A-Bear Workshop locations around the world;
- Product development support;
- Store design, equipment and fixtures.
In addition, Build-A-Bear offers franchisees ongoing support from a team experienced in operations, information technology, marketing and merchandising.
Franchisees are responsible for owning and operating all Build-A-Bear Workshop stores as we do not permit sub-franchising within a territory. The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong background in retail or franchising;
- Extensive knowledge of the local real estate market;
- A commitment to developing the Build-A-Bear brand locally;
- The financial resources to commit to developing a business (capital requirements vary by country but the minimum capital requirement is approximately $5 million - $12 million (USD);
- Residence in the territory (required).
Existing warehouse, logistics and other infrastructure capabilities are a plus for our franchisees.
Eligible territories will have the potential for development of at least 15 stores in order for a candidate to be considered. It is possible to combine regional countries into a single territory, provided there is a good cultural and business fit.
More Information on Franchising
If you would like more information about franchising, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Build-A-Bear Workshop Retail Locations
For a list of current national and international locations, please visit Store Locator.